Pools and hot tubs can sometimes require elaborate systems to run properly. If any part is not working properly, it can lead to further complications. That's why checking your equipment on a regular basis is so important. The sooner you catch a problem with your equipment, the more problems you can prevent. There have been several lawsuits regarding faulty equipment that has led to physical harm and even death for some people. A recent case currently in court involves Sports Chalet, a Los Angeles sporting goods store. Two employees suffered severe burns after a heater explosion. An electrician was working on the store's light when he smelled fumes coming from the store's utility closet. He alerted the manager and two employees were sent to try and remedy the situation. When they turned off the gas supply valve,the flammable gas ignited. Lauren Polzin and Victor Gonzales, the two employees who were injured are accusing the defendants of "negligently, carelessly, recklessly and unlawfully" owning, operating and/or maintaining a natural gas system. It is unclear who may have been responsible for fixing or causing the gas leak that triggered the explosion. Regularly checking the equipment may have alerted the company earlier that something was wrong and possibly prevented such a tragic accident. Check out PoguePoolSpa.com for more blogs.