PHOSfree is a phosphate remover by natural chemistry that is formulated from lanthanum compounds. When you add PHOSfree to your skimmer, a thin coating foams on the filter media and phosphates are reduced to a low level as the pool water flows through the filter. Unlike other phosphate removers, PHOSfree won't cloud your pool water, create waterline rings, or have an unpleasant odor. To ensure the correct dose is used, always test your phosphate levels beforehand however, algae in your pool must be treated first and chlorine must be below 5ppm before testing phosphates. It is recommended to have a pool professional test your phosphate levels to ensure the reading is accurate. Instructions:
- If there's algae in your pool, treat it first.
- Balance your pool water chemically.
- Clean or backwash filter if necessary.
- Determine the required dose.
- While the filter is running, shake the bottle well, and add the required dose directly to the skimmer.*
- Run filter 8 hours/day for a week or 48 hours continuously without back washing or cleaning.