Liquid Nitrogen has recently become popular, but that doesn't mean it's not without its risks. Last year in Mexico, Jägermeister threw a party during which event staff proceeded to pour 10-liter dewars of liquid nitrogen. As cool as the effect was, people started to faint. News outlets reported that the liquid nitrogen had reacted with a chemical in the pool and created a toxic cloud. It took a blog, Chembark.com, by St. Louis University chemist Paul Bracher, to set the record straight. According to his blog, "Molecular nitrogen is relatively inert and should not react with anything present in the pool, like “chlorine” (mostly, NaOCl) or water. The danger of adding liquid nitrogen to the pool stems simply from the nitrogen’s boiling and pushing away all of the oxygen around, leaving none for the swimmers to breathe." Now do you see why pouring liquid nitrogen into a pool is a no no??? Check out PoguePoolSpa.com for more blogs!