SafeKids.org is a website that is extremely useful to any parents, babysitters, teacher, anybody that interacts with kids. The site is ran by Safe Kids Worldwide, a global organization dedicated to preventing children from being injured. Although a great resource, the most relevant article to PoguePoolSpa.com is the one on "Swimming Safety Tips." The article's main points are simple and to the point: there is no substitute for active supervision; start slow with babies; educate your kids about swimming safely; don't rely on swimming aids; learn CPR; take extra steps around pools; check the drains in your pool and spa.
- No Substitute for Active Supervision - actively supervise your children with your full, undivided attention
- Start Slow with Babies - babies can be introduced to the water around the age of 6 months
- Educate Your Children - enroll them in swimming lessons and tech them to never swim alone
- Don't Rely on Swimming Aids - noodles don't replace U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device
- Learn CPR - CPR can help save a life, it's a valuable skill to have
- Take Extra Precautions
- Check Your Drains -make sure your pool & hot tub drains comply with the Pool & Spa Safety Act